Fried Seitan with Tomato & Soy Sauce
Updated: Dec 22, 2020
Are you looking for a vegan alternative for meat or a meal that contains high quantities of protein? Then you definitely came to the right place, because this recipe is delicious, healthy, quick and contains tons of protein (80 gr!). Even though the name "seitan" sounds a bit wierd and exotic, I can guarantee you that you will not regret trying this recipe. Ready to cook?
Preparing time: -
Overall time: 20 Min.
Ingredients for 1 person:
100 g seitan basis (you can buy it in coop)
2 tbsp of mild soy sauce
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tsp of garlic powder
Fresh rosemary (not necessary)
110 ml water
Plant based oil (oilive/sunflower/nuts)
(Rice to eat the seitan with)
1. Mix the mild soy sauce, garlic powder and tomato paste together and set aside.
2. Mix the seitan basis with water and knead for 3-5 min in a round flat shape.
3. Heat up some water at a temperature just below 100 C° in a pot (the water must be really warm but not boiling). Put the seitan in the pot and cook it for 15 min.
4. Take out the seitan from the water and cut it in medium sized chunks. Heat up 4-5 table spoons of oil in a non-stick pan (add more if necessary) and fry the seitan until it becomes fluffy and its color turns to golden-brown.
5. Add the rosemary and fry for ca. 30 sec.
6. Turn down the heat and add the tomato-garlic-soy sauce. Eat the seitan by itself or accompany it with some rice. Enjoy!